There’s nothing more inspiring and motivating than traveling to Rwanda to meet, first-hand, the students, their families, and their teachers. The students are so appreciative of the help they’re receiving and so proud of the accomplishments they’re achieving!
This video illustrates, better than words can say, just one of the uplifting experiences that seem to occur every day when we visit our students, their families, and their classmates in their own country.
The 2013 Rwanda tour will occur on September 1-10. Cost is approximately $4,500 per person, and this includes air fare, lodging, meals, ground transportation, and guide/site visitation fees. A general itinerary for the tour (more detail to follow) includes the following:
- Visit schools attended by our sponsored students to meet and observe them and their teachers.
- Visit the families of our sponsored students to meet and greet them.
- Tour the national Genocide Memorial, the 1994 Presidential Palace, and other sites important to the historical evolution of Rwanda
- Spend a day at Akagera National Park to observe and photograph native animals in their native habiat
- Spend a day on a Gorilla Trek to observe and photograph a family of gorillas in one of their last natural refuges in the world.
The country is stable, the people are friendly, and this tour will be an experience you won’t ever forget. As well, the students and their families will be so happy to meet you personally!. We’d love to have you come and see for yourself the commitment and hard work our students are investing for the future.